(All original images and credit can be found on my Tumblr)
1) As of September, I will be studying towards a Master’s Degree in International Security and the Politics of Terror. I have wanted to do this MA since my undergraduate years, but it is only now that it is convenient for me to do so. Needless to say, I am incredibly excited!
2) I am now the owner of a Clarins Limited Edition Instant Smooth Crystal Lip Balm in Crystal Rose (05) – this really is wonderful, and after one day I am already amazed by its staying power and the shade. I may have to invest in the Crystal Berry (08) shade next as I love any lip colour with a blue undertone.
3) 8 weeks today until my love and I are jetting off to my little Greek Island for sailing adventures in the sunshine. My parents will also be out there throughout the summer, so it will be nice for the four of us to spend a little time together.
4) I found a new pilates class last week, and it was fantastic!
5) Craving Nutella on toast is a nuisance whilst trying to prepare for bikini season. Especially as I do not think I have ever eaten Nutella on toast before. I wonder how long it will be until I cave…
“Don’t save something for a special occasion. Every day of your life is a special occasion.”
“Stay close to anything that makes you glad you are alive.”
Earlier this week, the boyfriend and I prepared one of our boats (Ribcraft 5.3) for a morning out on the water – it was the first time we had taken it out since having some modifications done over winter, and it is seriously fast! Lovely to bump into my sailing club who were also out on the water at the same time!
Everyone should, at some point in their life, learn how to sail – it is so liberating and rewarding.
Last weekend the boyfriend and I decided to have a little road trip and drove the Porsche (993) to Lincoln to exchange for a new Caterham R500. And boy, did we have fun! We even managed to detour through Cambridge on the way home to have a late lunch date on the River Cam – this was my first time in Cambridge (I have always been an Oxford Dark Blue) but we have promised to return for a leisurely weekend sometime soon…it seems like the perfect little city to whizz around on our bikes!
“You can never be overdressed or overeducated.”
1) Life seems to be swimming along rather well at the moment. There is not one part of my personal or professional life that I am unhappy with…and so now feels the time to take on something new as I constantly feel the need to challenge, and better, myself (perfectionism appears to run in the family). Watch this space…
2) Last week, I managed to sneak off to the Ladurée in Burlington Arcade to stock up on a few pantry treats…whilst there I treated myself to some macarons, bien sûr, which included the new Marie-Antoinette flavour…heavenly!
3) My lovely friend, Nick, cut my hair at HQ in Tankerton on Wednesday – and my gosh, he did a good job! The blow dry he gave me at the end left my hair looking like a 60s French siren, it was perfect!
4) I always used to be petrified of ageing, however each year I seem to become more comfortable in my own skin, and happier as a result. This most certainly is a result of the unconditional and all-encompassing love that my boyfriend shows me…I really am lucky to have him.
5) And of course, I cannot write this ‘Love List’ without special mention to the long bank holiday weekend we have. Three days away from work to enjoy the sunshine? Thank you kindly!